I had an order today for boozy tea cakes. 4 diff flavours. Now I do use alcohol in some of my birthday cakes (if the client demands) but usually I soak them or mix in the ganache. Never tried to booze up a tea cake
When the client asked for 4 diff flavours, the bewdi 🙊 in me started thinking of cocktail combinations and this is what I came up with
Kahlua & coffee
Lemon almond & tequila
Orange Cranberry & Vodka
Banana walnut & dark rum
So here it is. Orange & Cranberry tea cake. Look at that crumb 😍
225 gms room temp Amul butter
200 gms Granulated sugar
2 Eggs, at room temperature
2 tbsp fresh Orange juice
1.5 tsp Orange zest
190 gms All purpose flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 cup Milk , at room temperature
1/4 cup Dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 170 C.
- Grease a 9 x 3 inch loaf cake pan well and dust with flour.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder.
- Mix the dried cranberries with a tablespoon of the flour mixture. Keep aside.
- Rub the orange zest and sugar for a minute or two.
- Beat the zested sugar and butter using an electric mixer for a few minutes until light , fluffy and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs and orange juice.
- Add the flour mixture in three additions alternating with the milk in two additions . So , 1/3 of the flour- 1/2 of the milk -1/3 of the flour- 1/2 of the milk- 1/3 of the flour. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Fold in the floured cranberries with a spatula.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle a few cranberries on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake spring back when touched or a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes and then remove from pan to cool completely, right side up on a wire rack.
(the recipe is taken from the blog http://www.floursandfrostings.com/orange-and-cranberry-butter-cake-recipe with some minor changes as I made them. U can also follow the exact recipe as mentioned in the blog link)