Finally laid my hands on the Korea chilli paste Gochujang and the first dish I made was this sweet spicy sticky chicken
1kg chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 tbsp light soy sauce 1 tbsp sesame oil 2 tbsp gochujang 1 tbsp honey 1 tbsp finely grated ginger 3 garlic cloves, finely grated grated ½ cup finely chopped spring onions(white) finely grated zest of 1 lemon 1 tsp black sesame seeds ½ tsp chilli flakes ¼ tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven grill to medium-high. Line a baking tray with foil.
2. Place chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, gochujang, honey, ginger, garlic and spring onions. Mix well. Marinate chicken for 2 hrs
3. Spread chicken out onto lined baking tray. Place under hot oven grill at 200 and cook for 25 minutes, turning half way, or until cooked through. If chicken starts to char or brown too quickly, turn oven grill down.
4. Just before serving toss the chicken on a pan with all the gravy left on the pan, let the sauce get sticky and coat the pieces.
5. In the meantime, mix together lemon zest, sesame seeds and salt.
6. Place chicken on a serving plate and sprinkle with lemon zest mixture. Serve hot.