There are so many fish curry’s available in the varied cuisines of India. This one is more Southern coastal, but difficult to pinpoint it to one region.
A big plus point for this curry is that its one of the easy to make recipes and it’s super yum. Steamed rice and a generous serving of the curry would make a wonderful Sunday lunch. Give it a try.
10-12 pcs of Rawas/Surmai
1/2 tsp haldi
7-8 curry patta
2 slit green chillies
Lemon size tamarind ball soaked in water
Masala paste – grind together with little water :
1 grated fresh coconut
10 flakes garlic
1&1/2 tsp jeera
10 dried Kashmiri chillies
1″ cinnamon stick
1) wash the fish and apply some salt and haldi. This will take the smell away
2) grind all the ingredients listed under masala paste. Make a fine paste.
3) heat oil in a pan, add curry patta and sliced chillies.
4) when it sizzles, add the masala paste, haldi and salt and fry it for 1 min
5) add water as per desired gravy consistency. Bring to a boil and let it simmer on low till the raw smell goes off.
6) add the tamarind water and mix well. Add the fish.
7) let it cook and try to avoid stirring the gravy as the fish will easily break.
8) adjusts seasoning and leave it covered for a bit after shutting the gas. Let the masalas soak in.