Recently I have been making a few soups to weather the pandemic and the rains. While reading up on different recipes I was mesmerized by pictures of the beetroot soup. The vibrant colour was super attractive and I knew I wanted to make it for its visual value.
I am no fan of beetroot and refuse to have it in salads, sandwiches or vegetable preparations. The only type I like is the pickled variety u get in shawarma.
Made this beetroot carrot soup from Hebbars Kitchen and certainly a taste pleaser for beetroot lovers. I personally loved the pics more
1 tbsp butter
1 bay leaf
3 medium sized beetroots – cubed
1 medium carrot – cubed
1 big onion – chopped
1 tomato – chopped
3 garlic minced
1″ ginger sliced
2 – 2.5 cups Water
pepper powder as per taste
- Heat butter, peppercorns and tej pata in a cooker.
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic and saute till translucent.
- Add the tomato, carrot and beetroot. Sautee for a few minutes.
- Add salt and water. Shut the lid and after 4 whistles shut the gas.
- Open lid when pressure drops, drain the liquid and keep aside.
- When the veggies are cooked down, puree in the mixer to a smooth paste.
- Take a pot and add this paste, add the residue liquid as per the consistency you need.
- Adjust seasoning and add some pepper powder if you wish.
- Serve hot with a choice to drizzle cream at serving time.