When a friend called and said ‘Am unwell, make something to make me feel better’. I was left flummoxed. What to make now. Something new for sure. Searched my saved recipes and liked one but then this friend messages to say make kulfi chicken.
KULFI CHICKEN! What in the world is that. I was like no way am making something so weird. He was like no u see the recipe, it’s nice. I thought he was joking that there is a dish like this but when I surfed the net, found quite a few recipes for it.
Combined 2-3 recipes to finally experiment on this dish. If u like cheesy creamy flavours, then this is the dish for u. Super easy recipe and can be used with paneer too.
1-1.25 kg chicken pcs with bone
1 box Britannia curd
1 pkt Amul Cream
15 cashew nuts soaked in 1/4 cup warm milk
2-3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
10 cloves garlic
1 inch Ginger
5-6 cubes grated cheese
1 tsp Chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
Aluminium Foil for baking
1-2 tsp olive oil
- Hang the curd for an hour to remove the water.
- Make gashes with a knife and prick the chicken with a fork. This ensures that the pieces are marinated well.
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chillies together.
- Soak Cashew nuts in warm milk for 20 min. and grind it into a smooth paste.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients – Hung curd, Cream, grated Cheese, Cashew paste, ginger-garlic-chilli paste, chilli powder, salt, garam masala, lime, cumin powder.
- Add Chicken to this marinade and marinate it for minimum 4 hours. It can be kept overnight.
- Put the chicken pieces with all the marinade on an aluminium foil and drizzle some olive oil on it. Place another sheet of foil on top and fold it like a parcel sealing it well.
- In a preheated oven at 220 degree Celsius, bake the chicken for 25-30 min.
- Serve hot. Maybe with some sriracha sauce on the side if u want a spicy kick.