My mom and sis decided to come over for lunch after ages. And being the chef in the family, I couldn’t get over with dal rice or Maggi. Blame it on this crazy weather that’s sucking the energy out of me.
I had some boneless chicken in the freezer and left over chicken stock from Sunday’s fried chicken. So used the stock to make some flavoured rice and to go with it, made these crunchy chicken bites. Full jugaad recipe but it was really delicious that I had to quickly click pictures to feature it on my blog.
500 gm boneless chicken (marinated in salt and chilli powder for 1/2 hr)
1 big chopped onion
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tbsp Chings Shezwan chutney
4 tbsp butter
3 tbsp maida,
1/2 cup milk,
3/4 tsp salt,
1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
Coating – 1 egg, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- Heat butter and fry the marinated chicken. When nearly cooked add the shezwan chutney and mix well. Cool and shred it to fine pieces. Keep aside
- In the same pan, add chopped onion, sauté till soft
- Add coriander and sauté.
- Add maida and stir on low heat. Remove from fire
- Gradually add milk, stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Ensure that the final paste has no lumps
- Put the pan back on the fire and add salt and chilli flakes. Cook till the sauce turns thick and leaves the side. It should look like a slightly wet dough
- Remove from heat, add shredded chicken. Mix well and cool
- Shape the mix into round tikkis or any shape u want
- Beat the egg, add salt. In a separate plate sprinkle breadcrumbs and in another bowl keep crushed cornflakes.
- Coat each tikki in egg batter and the roll in bread crumbs. Dip again in egg batter and cover with crushed cornflakes.
- Pan fry with little more oil till golden crisp.