Recently everytime I get a protein I get the itch to try something new. I had actually saved half of the prawns to make butter garlic but just an hour before lunch the itch to attempt something for the blog started.
I started googling recipes and just wasn’t too excited about any I saw. Suddenly the word basil popped up and I remembered that I had a few leaves left over from making the focaccia. So here it’s is Prawn Basil stir Fry. I ofcourse adapted the recipe on the ingredients available.
20 big sized prawns
3-4 green chillies chopped
10 garlic chopped
1-2 TSP paprika powder (as per taste)
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp olive oil
Handful of basil leaves
- Blend chillies, garlic, sugar, salt, fish sauce, 3 tbsp oil and paprika powder in the blender.
- Marinate the prawns in this for 30 minutes
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in the pan, cook the shrimps without the marinade.
- When the shrimps are cooked, add the basil leaves and toss it till it’s wilted.
- Squeeze lime when you serve.