I am a Mangalorean and everytime I visit Mangalore I ask my cousin to buy these for our evening snack along with Goli bajne (another type of fritter). It taste amazing piping hot with a cup of chai.
I always land up making cake or fritters with over ripe bananas, am so glad I made Buns instead today. Bliss
Recipe Courtesy – Hebbars Kitchen
2 ripe banana
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup curd
1 tsp cumin / jeera
pinch of baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 cup maida/all purpose flour
- Take the bananas in a bowl, add sugar and mash it well with your hand or a fork.
- Add curd, cumin, baking soda and salt. Combine well.
- Add the maida and knead it into a soft and smooth dough
- Grease the dough with a tsp of oil. Cover and rest in warm place for 8 hours.
- Next morning, knead the dough slightly and make a ball sized dough.
- Dust with some maida and roll slightly thicker than a poori.
- Deep fry the buns in hot oil on both sides keeping flame on medium till they are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve Hot.