A healthy breakfast option. Appeys. The person who invented the Appey pan is a pure genius. It takes minimal oil and has multiple uses.
I have made poha vada, sabudana vada, koftas, etc in an appey pan. The original appey recipe is a bit time consuming as like idlis, we need to soak, grind and ferment the previous day. But it tastes wonderful and worth making whenever we do have the time. Dunk it in spicy green chutney and you are in bliss.
3 tbsp channa dal
1 cup rice
1/2 cup urad dal
1/2 cup moong dal
10 garlic flakes
2-3 green chillies
1) soak the rice and dals in the morning and grind them at night with some salt. Should have similar consistency to idli batter.
2) whisk a bit to air it and leave it to ferment overnight.
3) in the morning, finely chop all listed under other ingredients and add it to the batter
4) put a drop of oil in the appey pan and pour a spoonful of batter. Cover and cook till underside is golden then flip and cook for another 2 mins
5) take it out and serve with green chutney.
(Adjust salt and chillies as per ur taste)