Its mothers day today and since i have been travelling a bit, i decided to pamper the family instead of vice versa.
A while ago, someone had sent a file of Pakistani recipes which i had saved. This is the only recipe i had tried from the file and it was well received by my family. At that time we landed up finishing the dish with barely anything left for pictures for a blog post. So decided to make it again and ensured that i removed some so i could click some pics.
On my recent trip to Mussourie I bought that wooden board and was waiting for an occasion to use it. Its just perfectly placed here in the pictures
1/2 kg mutton
4 boiled eggs
2 tbsp ghee
2 big onions finally chopped
2 chopped tomatoes
2 tsp tamarind pulp
GRIND FOR MASALA PASTE
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3 green chillies
8 flakes garlic
GRIND FOR CHUTNEY
1/2 bunch coriander leaves
1/4 bunch mint leaves
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and fry the onions till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry well
- Add the ground masala paste and fry it off.
- Add the mutton and salt and fry it well in the masalas.
- Add water and the pressure cook the mutton till nearly done. (I did for 2 whistles and 10 mins on slow)
- Once pressure is off, open the lid and start cooking again
- Add the green chutney, tamarind pulp and stir well. Adjust seasoning
- Add eggs, and serve hot garnished with mint leaves