Mom is home and it’s time for me to be pampered. Well anytime mom is around whether at her place or mine it’s time for me to relax and be fed some of her famous delicacies. ??
Had nagged her once for the stew recipe but never landed making it for the blog. This weekend when she asked “What u want to eat” I said stew and neer dosa ?.
Just love this combination and even though she made it and not me, I had to click pics for the blog as this recipe is a winner.
So here is one from mom for u
8-10 green chillies
1 cup coriander
1/2 cup mint
1 big onion
1 tsp cumin seeds
1.5″ cinnamon stick
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 kg mutton pcs
1 big sliced onion
4 chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp curd
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 coconut milk pkts
- Grind the ingredients under masala to a fine paste using little water.
- Heat oil/ghee in a cooker & fry the sliced onion to light brown.
- Add the ground masala & fry for 5 mins to remove the raw smell.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 1 lime juice & cook till soft.
- Add the curd & mix well till colour is back to normal.
- Add the mutton, turmeric & salt and mix well. Fry on high for few minutes. Add water if its less.
- Close the cooker & keep for 5 minutes after the whistle.
- Once the mutton is cooked, add the coconut milk and simmer for 5-10 mins on slow flame.
1 cup kolam rice
- Soak the rice for min 4 hours or overnight.
- Wash and grind it very fine with some water and salt.
- When extremely fine, add more water till its of a thin watery consistency. Mix well.
- Heat a pan and grease it with oil. When hot splash the batter and swirl the pan in a circular motion to allow the batter to cover the pan.
- Cover with lid and keep flame on medium to high.
- When the sides leave the pan, turn over and cook for another minute or so.
- Remove and serve hot.