I am an avid Masterchef Australia follower. One day Nigella made this finger licking tequila chicken and I literally drooled looking at it. Marked it on my to do list and promised to make it soon. Unfortunately life took over and I never got a chance to make it.
Today, i was sending a secret valentine hamper to a friend and thought, this is the perfect occasion to make the Tequila chicken and send her. So made a few changes to Nigella’s recipe and here u have it. Trust me its not just yum but exotic too.
My blog completed 2 years on January 21st and due to my ill health, I was unable to post something to commemorate this occasion. The tequila lime chilli chicken is the perfect dish to showcase for my anniversary. Its so me.
1 kg chicken pcs with bone
75 ml tequila + to glaze
zest an juice of 2 small limes
3 tsp chilli flakes
2 tbsp sriracha sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
10 crushed garlic
1 tbsp maida
- Mix tequila, olive oil, lime juice, zest, chilli flakes,sriracha, salt, garlic.
- Add chicken to this marinade and massage it well with the marinade
- Keep for 4 hours or overnight if possible.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish (do not cover) and cook for 35-45 mins at 200C in a pre heated oven.
- When cool, transfer the liquid to a pan, add sugar and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add Maida and mix well, add little tequila to mix it all.
- When the sauce gets thick, add the chicken and mix well till the sauce coats the chicken and gets a golden brown colour.