What do u do when you want to try something different from your regular dishes. You google combinations from whatever ingredients you have in your fridge.
Then u start trying a little bit of this and a little bit of that to get a killer combination. Paired the sweet, sticky and sour chicken with some homemade Italian herbed garlic bread and delicious creamy mashed potatoes.
500 gms boneless chicken (preferably thighs)
Salt and red chilli powder as per taste
200 gms mushrooms halved
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1.5 tbsp soya sauce
4 tbsp barbeque sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp mixed herbs
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp maida
- Marinate the chicken with salt and chilli powder for 1 hr.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing balsamic vinegar, soya sauce, barbeque sauce, brown sugar, herbs and garlic.
- Take olive oil in a pan and cook the chicken till it’s cooked and golden brown on both sides. Remove onto a plate.
- In the same pan, add the mushrooms and pan fry on semi high flame till it gets slightly golden.
- Add the sauce mixture and let it simmer for 5 mins, it will reduce a bit. Adjust seasoning. I normally dont add salt as the sauces already have some sodium content.
- Sprinkle the maida and mix the sauce, let it get little thick.
- Add the chicken and mix well till the sauce coats the chicken properly.
- Serve hot with some warm bread.