I love easy peasy recipes. Who doesn’t? I had prawns in the freezer and I wanted a quick one that would be good enough for the blog.
Being a MasterChef Australia fan, I remembered one of the contestants Marion Grasby and how she loves to make quick fusion food. Chanced upon this recipe and Voila here it is Spicy Garlic Prawn Spaghetti.
My daughter must have told me a few times to add this to her list of favourites.
3 stalks of spring onions chopped fine (bulb & green)
1″ grated ginger
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup of vegetable oil plus 2 tbsp sesame oil
20 big sized prawns
2 tbsp oil
5-6 chopped garlic
1 tbsp chilli flakes
3 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
Chopped spring onion greens for garnish
- Use a mortar pestle and pound the ginger sping onion and salt to a coarse paste.
- Heat both the oils mentioned in sauce and as it turns hot, pour it over the spring onion paste and mix well.
- Boil the spaghetti with some salt to al dente.
- Reserve some of the water and drain the rest.
- In a pan, add oil and saute the garlic, chilli flakes and prawns till the prawsn turn pink.
- Add the soya sauce and oyster sauce and mix well. Check if prawns are done. Add some of the reserved pasta liquid, about 1/4 cup.
- Add the spring onion sauce and mix well. If dry u can add little more pasta water. Check seasoning.
- Top with spring onion greens ans chilli flakes. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy – Marion’s Kitchen