It’s been a while since I made some soup, have been waiting to try this one but I just seemed to be missing some or the other ingredients.
Today finally made this hearty wholesome soup. Perfect for someone on a diet or wanting to stick to a healthy diet. It’s a meal by itself and pairing it with some warm bread will have your dinner sorted.
1/4 cup cabbage
1/4 cup macaroni
2 tbsp celery (optional)
2 tsp fresh basil (optional)
4 cups water
1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
Juice of half a lime
- Boil tomatoes till the skin splits. Peel the skin and puree the tomatoes.
- Finely dice the onion, garlic, potato, cabbage, celery and carrot.
- Saute the onion and garlic in some olive oil till pink.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and sautee for a few minutes.
- Add the cabbage and celery and sautee for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, water and macaroni and bring it to a boil.
- Add salt, seasoning and pepper (optional) and cook covered on a sim.
- Once the macaroni and veggies are cooked but still have a bite to them squeeze some lime and adjust seasoning.
- Serve it with some bread on the side.