3 years ago a group of friends decided to go for a picnic and we called the spot Haveli as a joke. This group that went made a WhatsApp group and continued it even after the picnic. This is my Haveli group and the people here play an important role in my life.
At this picnic, Ameya had got these stuffed chicken breasts and we had a small sigdi on which he and Aziz were trying to cook these. It was a hilarious scene as they tried to flame the sigdi squatting on the floor cooking some amazing chicken. He later finished it off on the gas true Chef style. One bite into this beauty and we were in love. This dish has become out favourite over the years and we always nag Ameya to make it for us.
Since am missing everyone, made this today, was lucky Ameya shared the recipe and now I can share it on the blog. Thank you Ameya for such a wonderful recipe and guiding me through this. I can never match your dish but am trying. Was loved by all at home.
STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
2 Chicken Breast
Spinach 1 small bunch
Mushroom 1/2 pkt cubed
Amul Block Cheese 100 gms grated
Butter 75 gms
Lemon juice 1/2 lemon
- Wash the Chicken breasts, remove excess flesh to get the perfect shape. Make a slit at the thicker side with a sharp knife for making the pocket.
- Hammer the breasts lightly to tenderise the flesh. Insert finger inside the pocket to make it deeper. Do not use a knife here as u end up tearing the top.
- Marinate with salt, pepper and lemon juice and keep aside for an hour
- Blanch the Spinach and then chop it fine.
- Heat a pan, melt 2 tsp of butter and saute mushrooms till they soften. Add the Spinach and a pinch of salt. Mix well and let it cook for about 2 mins. Let this mixture cool down completely.
- Mix grated cheese into the cooled mixture and make it like a dough.
- Stuff the mixture into the Chicken Breasts, press it in with fingers to ensure it reaches the entire space. Tie it with a thread or wrap in a cling wrap tightly and chill it for 30 mins in refrigerator.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan and add the breasts filling side down on the heated pan. Don’t forget to unwrap it if u are using cling wrap. If using thread, then let it remain.
- Cover cook on a medium flame and keep pouring the hot butter on the top side. Keep flipping sides every 3-4 mins to ensure it doesn’t stick. Cook till the chicken is cooked. Poke a knife or toothpick to see if it’s done.
- Remove from pan, untie the threads and cut pieces.
Pro tips & recipe by Ameya
1. If the stuffing starts oozing out then press it back to the edge with the back of a spoon.2. To ensure that the thicker side head is cooked properly, tilt the pan slightly so all butter comes to one side and ensure the thick side is coated in butter. Keep pouring butter on top to ensure all sides get cooked evenly.
4 big potatoes cut into wedges with skin on
Whole garlic smashed
- Place the potato in a tray, drizzle olive oil (be generous) on it and sprinkle salt and chilli flakes on the potatoes.
- Distribute the smashed garlic around.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (approx.). Remove and mix the potatoes in between once for even browning.