Are u fed up of chocolate cakes. I know I am. Though not for long. Chocolate is one of my true loves ?
But once in a while, you need a change. Something lemony, tangy, delicious. These eggless lemon almond cupcakes with a lemony whipped cream hits the right spot.
All purpose flour – 1 cup + 2 tablespoons
Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Oil – 1/3 cup
Castor sugar – 3/4 cup
Yogurt – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/3 cup
Lemon juice – 1/4 cup
Lemon zest – 1 tsp
Pure vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Ground almonds – 1/3 cup
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C for at least 10 minutes.
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners or spray it with nonstick cooking spray or lightly butter it.
- Take first four dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix it till incorporated.
- Take oil and sugar in another bowl. Whisk it using wire whisk or hand mixer or stand mixer. It will be sand like texture.
- Then whisk in yogurt, milk, zest, juice and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Whisk till incorporated.
- Add ground almonds and mix it in.
- pour into cupcake tray lined with paper liners.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or till toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove it from the oven; let it cool into the pan for 5 minutes. Then remove it to cooling rack and let it cool completely.
LEMON WHIPPED CREAM
1 cup of whipping cream
1 tbsp of lemon juice
2 tbsp of icing sugar
colour of your choice (Gel or icing) – optional
- Chill the beater blades and the steel vessel u will use for 15 mins in the fridge
- Let the cream also be semi frozen
- Pour the cream in the steel vessel and put it on an ice bath (big plate with lots of ice cubes)
- Avoid any bodyheat when holding the vessel, use an electric hand beater and whip it till its stiff.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice, continue to whisk till it peaks. A test is if you overturn the bowl, it should not drip.
- If the cream doesn’t peak, keep everything in the fridge for 10 minutes and then continue whisking.