Mutton cravings were reaching a peak. Especially home cooked mutton. I was desperate for done but my kids don’t enjoy and have been procrastinating to cook for the two of us.
1 kg mutton
1.5″ cinnamon stick
3 green cardamoms
2-3 thinly sliced big onions
8 chopped garlic
1 heaped tbsp ginger garlic chilli paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1-2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the cinnamon and cardamom, wait for a minute and add the onions and garlic. Fry till golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic chilli paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add salt, turmeric, chilli and mutton pieces. Fry on medium heat mixing constantly till the pieces have a well fried look.
- Add 3/4 cup water, give one whistle and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let the pressure drop by itself.
- Remove heat and check if the meat is done. Add maida and mix well.
- Dry any excess water but ensure that you are left with enough gravy. garnish with coriander
recipe – Nita Mehta with a few personal touches.