I met Chef Gaurav during our TBC event in Jaipur on 2018. TBC is our annual bakers residential convention and we had invited Chef Gaurav Wadhwa over as an expert. His immense knowledge for food and baking and his fun and sorted personality won all of us over.
Gaurav owns a chain of well know restaurants in the NCR region by the name of Theos. My friends who have visited have raved about it’s food and has always been in my go to list when I visit Noida or Delhi.
So when he shared this soup recipe, I knew that it will be a while before I taste it at the restaurant so took it upon myself to make it for lunch for my family.
It’s creamy and Rich and delicious. Thanks Chef for this wonderful recipe.
1 potato diced
200gms broccoli cut into small pieces
450 ml milk
1 + 1 tbsp minced garlic
Salt and pepper
20-25 blanched almonds
4 spinach leaves
1 tsp oregano
- Pour olive oil in a pan and saute potatoes.
- Add 1 tbsp garlic, mix and cover pan and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add 350ml milk and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the blanched almonds and cover and cook till just tender. Don’t let it get too soft.
- Add the broccoli and rest of the milk just so that the broccoli is immersed.
- Cook without cover till broccoli is tender.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook for a minute.
- Shut the gas and leave to cool.
- Puree it really well so that the mix is not grainy at all.
- Pour a little olive oil in a pan and saute 1 tbsp garlic. Ensure that you don’t allow the garlic to brown.
- Add the puree and adjust the water to get the consistency you desire. Don’t make it too thin.
- Bring to a boil, adjust seasoning and add oregano. A tip is to rub and crush the oregano with both your palms before adding.
- Add 1-2 tbsp for cream, mix well and shut the gas.
- At serving time, drizzle some olive oil and garnish with almond flakes.