I call myself a foodie but I also have a long list of food I hate. My friends and family have been given that long list to memorise as it seriously upsets me when they don’t remember what I hate. 😂😂😂. Yeah. I am a fussy foodie.
On the list, besides a million other things is Capsicum and Bell Pepper. I absolutely detest it in any preparation and religiously remove it or refuse to eat. But surprisingly I love this red pepper sauce. I use it for so many different kinds of preparations.
If u want a pasta that’s spicy and different, then this charred red bell pepper sauce pasta is especially for u.
1 big red capsicum
3-4 big tomatoes
10-12 garlic flakes
4-5 dried red chillies
1 pkt amul cream
200 gms boiled pasta
100 gms each of mushroom, broccoli, baby corn, zucchini
1 tbsp of mixed dried Italian herbs
- Chop capsicum, tomatoes, garlic flakes and chillis and add it to the pan with a little oil
- Cook on high heat till soft and slightly charred though be careful not to burn it
- When cool blitz it in the mixer to a fine paste adding little water if necessary
- Heat oil, add the baby corn, sauté, then add the mushroom, sautee and then add the broccoli adn zucchini. add little salt and dried herbs.
- Add the boiled pasta and the sauce to the vegetables. Mix well and adjust seasoning.
- Add the cream and mix well. Shut the gas