Another combination I love is mint and chocolate. Adore after eight chocolates and have been wanting to try that combination
Here are chocolate cupcakes with peppermint flavour and whipped cream in the layers.
Layered cupcakes are a great option to mini cakes.
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp baking powder
1 drop of Marson peppermint flavour
1 drop green gel colour
Sprinkles of your choice
- Line a 12 cupcake tray with paper liners. Pre heat the oven to 175C.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa together.
- Beat the butter and sugar very well until thick and well combined.
- Add eggs gradually, and keep beating the mixture till it is mixed well and is fluffy. Gradually add in the dry ingredients and fold inslowly. Do not overbeat the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tray.
- Bake in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, add green colour to the whipped cream and blend it well.
- When the cuppies are cool, slice them into 3 sections and layer with the colour whipped cream.
- Sprinkle some chocochips and sprinkles to dress it up before serving.