In my excitement during M’s party, I cooked too much rice. I mean 4-5 times the quantity. Happens sometimes when the mind plays tricks
The bottom half had gotten lumpy and was trying to figure out what to do. Researched some recipes from Indian to Italian and finally got an idea
Made a cheesy white sauce with herbs and chillies and mixed the rice in it. Made balls, stuffed mozzarella cubes, coated it and fried them in the appey pan with a drop of oil. A little sweet chilli sauce it’s a wonderful starter, some arrabbiata sauce and its a main course.
2 cups cooked leftover rice
6-7 minced garlic
2 tbsp maida/APF
3/4 cup milk
2 cheese cubes grated
1 tsp chilli flakes/chopped fresh chillies
15 basil leaves chopped
1 tsp oregano
mozzarella or pizza cheese – cubed
1-2 eggs beaten
1) Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and fry little, add maida and roast the same.
2) Add the milk and mix well, removing lumps. keep on low heat.
3) when mixed well, add cheese, chilli, salt and herbs. Mix well
4) keep cooking the sauce till it starts to leave the sides of the pan and gets thick.
5) Add cooked rice and mix well. Shut the gas when the mixture is thick and blended well.
6) shape into balls, make a well and pop a cube of mozzarella in it. Seal well from all sides and reform a ball.
7) Beat an egg and add little salt
8) coat the rice balls in the egg mix and then roll it in the bread powder.
9) now u have a choice to deep fry or use an appey pan and fry the balls to a crisp.
10) Serve hot with ketchup or sweet chilli sauce.