U see a post, u like it, u save the recipe. But for some reason never make it. I wonder why it took me nearly a year and a half to make it.
Am so glad I did finally try the recipe. These potato corn poppers have the perfect little piece of mozzarella cheese hidden in its folds, that turns into this molten lava of yumminess when u bite into it.
Super delicious and once again I have to thank Suchit Save for another phenomenal recipe.
1 cup boiled corn
1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
1/2′ cubes of Mozzarella Cheese
2 tsp Mixed oregano and chilli flakes
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
3 tbsp All purpose flour mixed with some salt and chilli powder
1/2 cup curd mixed with water to make buttermilk
- Saute the chopped garlic in some olive oil till light golden in colour
- Combine corn, potato, oregano, chilli flakes, coriander, sautéed garlic, garlic powder and salt.
- Now, take a tablespoon of the mixture and insert a mozzarella cube in the center so that it is completely encased with the potato and corn mixture. Repeat till the filling is all used up.
- Take 3 bowls…
Bowl 1: APF + Salt + Chilli powder
Bowl 2: Buttermilk
Bowl 3: Breadcrumbs
- Dip the poppers in bowl 1 (shake off excess flour) then in bowl 2 (let the excess buttermilk drip away) and finally in the breadcrumbs. Repeat dipping in bowl 2 and 3.
- Store poppers in the freezer for at least 15 mins before deep frying them to a golden brown. Ensure your oil is not too hot, temperature is important else the poppers may burst. Once the oil is hot keep the flame on medium. When u drop the poppers in ensure not to overcrowd as if they stick, they will break. Gently move the poppers so that they don’t stick to the bottom.
- Enjoy piping hot with any dip of your choice.