I love hoarding crockery and when I finally got some new ones after a long time, I was waiting for an occasion to showcase them.
We are vegetarian for 13 days as my Dad passed away recently and I keep trying to keep the food interesting for the kids. Searched for a new Paneer recipe and found and interesting video by Chef Sanjyot Keer.
The final dish Paneer Lasooni was lapped away happily by all at home. Definite add on in my menu.
1 tsp Jeera
2 Choti elaichi
3 cubed onions
5 cubed tomatoes
12 garlic flakes
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
5 dried Kashmiri chilli
500 ml water
- Heat oil, Sautee all the ingredients for a few minutes by adding them one by one.
- Once mixed well add the water and cover and cook for 15 mins or till the tomatoes are soft and water is slightly absorbed.
- Cool and make a fine paste in the mixer.
1 tsp Jeera
1.5 ginger julienned
2-3 green chillies chopped
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup garlic chopped
1/2 cup curd
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp kasuri methi
3 tsp fresh cream
1 tbsp butter
- Heat oil in a pan, add the jeera.
- When it sizzles add the onion, garlic, ginger and chillies. Sauté till it’s golden brown.
- Add the masala paste and mix well. Fry for few minutes.
- Add the curd, salt, garam masala powder and kasuri methi. Mix well. Let it cook for a bit till it leaves oil.
- Check and adjust seasoning and add the paneer. Mix well but gently.
- Add the cream and gently mix.
- Add the butter and garnish with coriander leaves.