A spiced and seasoned mutton mince patty on store-bought wholewheat burger buns. Mustard Mayo, spiced tomato chutney, gherkins, caramelised onions and melted cheese made it so much more flavoursome.
1 kg mutton mince
2 chopped onion
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 big egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped coriander
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp medium peri peri sauce
1 tbsp red chilli flakes
1 tbsp oregano
1) cook the onions with little olive oil till they are soft and pink. Let them cool.
2) wash and strain the mince
3) grind in mixer to bind. Don’t make it too pasty
4) put the mince in a big bowl and add all the ingredients including the cooked onions.
5) mix well and shape into patty. Refrigerate for atleast 1 hr. Will make 5-6 big patty.
6) heat butter and when it sizzles, put the patty to fry. Lower gas and let it cook. Turn and cook on the other side. About 5-7 mins each on both sides. At the end, place a cheese slice on the patty and shut the gas in 30 sec. The cheese will melt and envelope the burger.
Spiced tomato chutney
3 big chopped Tomatoes
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp paprika/Chilli powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp jeera powder
1) heat olive oil in the pan, add the ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
2) add the tomatoes and all the other ingredients. Cook on slow flame for 20-30 mins.
3) once the tomatoes leave oil, mash them till they have a chutney texture.
3 tbsp Mayo
3 tsp whole grain mustard
Mix all ingredients well
2 sliced onions
1/2 tsp butter
1/2 tsp oil
1) heat oil and butter in a pan on high heat
2) add the onions and mix well
3) lower gas and cook the onion for 10 mins
4) add sugar and salt and let the onions turn a nice amber colour mixing frequently. About 20-25 mins.
Assembling the burger:
Generously apply the Mayo and chutney on the buns. Add lettuce leaves and the gherkins. Add the patty and top with caramelised onions.