When I was little, my Mami who I call Aunty Mummy would especially make this dish for me whenever I visited her house for a meal. I would love it 💖
In the recent years I haven’t had prawn toast and was missing it. Read up on a few recipes and made it today. When my daughter took a bite, her expression took me back to the days when I would hog at my aunts house.
Presenting crispy Sesame Prawn toast. Dunk it with a dip of your choice and ur in heaven.
6 slices of bread
1 cup chopped raw prawns
1 egg white
1 finely chopped spring onion greens
1 tsp grated ginger
2 minced garlic
2 tsp dark soya sauce
2 minced green chilli
1 tbsp cornflour
1/2 cup roasted white and little black sesame seed mixed in
- Place the prawn, egg, spring onion, ginger, garlic, soya sauce, chilli in a mixer and make a chunky paste.
- Mix in cornflour to this paste and keep in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Lightly toast the bread without letting it change colour. Use slightly old bread if available.
- Cut of the crusts and slice the bread into triangles
- Apply the prawn paste on one side of the triangle leaving a slightly higher mound in the centre.
- Sprinkle the sesame seed mix on the side with the prawn mix. Press a little so that they stick.
- Heat oil and deep fry the slices, 2 at a time ensuring that the side with the prawn mix is put face down in teh hot oil first.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes and turn over. Ensure a golden colour on both sides. Keep on low to medium flame.
- Drain on tissue and serve with a choice of sauce.