My friendship with Tree or Theresa started on FB messenger nearly 6 yrs ago when she asked me the recipe for Spaghetti Aglio Olio. I actually went back and searched our chats and it brought a smile. She made it and loved it.
This is an easy peasy recipe which has no sauce but flavoured with garlic, olive oil and chilli. I love to pair it with crispy bacon bits and it’s a meal in itself.
Am a strange one I know. Took me so long to finally post the recipe on blog. But it’s definitely a keeper.
200 GM’s spaghetti
1/4 cup olive oil
10-15 garlic minced
2 tbsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp mixed dried herbs
6-7 bacon strips fried crisp
1 pkt mushroom – each cut into 4-6 PC’s depending on size
Parmesan cheese to sprinkle
- Heat water to boiling point. Drop the pasta in. Don’t break it. Add salt and boil till Al Dente. Will take about 10-13 mins. Remove one and bite into it. Should not be mushy. Should have a bit of bite in it without tasting raw
- Drain the pasta when it’s ready but remember to keep one glass of the pasta water.
- Run the pasta under cold water else it will keep cooking
- Chop the bacon into tiny bits
- Heat a pan. Add 2 tbsp oil, and pan fry the mushrooms on high flame.
- When nearly done add garlic, chilli flakes, bacon, herbs, salt, some more olive oil and half cup of the reserved pasta liquid.
- Mix it up and add the pasta in. Mix well and let it soak up all the juices. Add pasta water or adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh herbs and parmesan cheese.