This lockdown has made me realise that so many dishes I make regularly are not part of my blog. So slowly and steadily updating the dishes that I regularly whip up in my kitchen
Arrabiata is one of the basic Italian sauces used to make a pasta dish. It’s robust and rich in flavour and I also double it up as my pizza sauce. Just thicken it up and it’s ready to go on a pizza.
Coming back to the pasta, add loads of veggies and some chicken or prawns, top it up with some cheese and u are ready to serve a delicious meal.
2 cups raw pasta
1 packet mushroom – sliced
5 baby corn sliced
1 small broccoli
1 large onion chopped
10 garlic cloves chopped
1 readymade tomato purée pkt
1 tbsp each oregano, basil
1 tsp parsley
1 tbsp red chilli flakes
- Cook the pasta in salted water till just al dente. Run it under tap water once done to stop it from cooking further.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and saute garlic and baby corn, cover and cook
- When corn is slightly tender add mushrooms and sautee. Cover and cook.
- Add the broccoli, 5 mins before the veggies are done. Cover and cook.
- Add a litte salt, dried herbs and chilli flakes. Mix well and shut the gas. Keep aside.
- Blanch or roast the tomatoes. remove skin and chop or purée as per preference.
- In a big pan, heat olive oil and add the onions and garlic. Sautée to pink
- Add the tomato, pkt purée, chilli flakes, dried herbs, salt. (If u feel the tomatoes are too sour u can add half tsp sugar)
- Cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Add the vegetables and pasta and mix well.
- Adjust seasoning and sauce consistency by adding water.
- Mix well and serve topped with cheese.