It’s a lazy lazy Sunday. The skies have opened up and it’s that kind of day where u want some comfort food without too much effort.
A friend had dropped in for dinner and since I was making lasagna asked her to get some bread to go with it. But we never landed eating it as the lasagna was quite filling. The idea of a cheesy pull apart popped in my head and I decided to keep the bread in the fridge for a rainy day.
If there’s rain and bread to go with it then there should be some piping hot soup. Strangely I never posted my spinach soup on the blog and I decided to make it along with the pull apart.
Isn’t this an awesome Sunday meal. 😋
1 round bread loaf (dense if avl)
10 – 12 Britannia Cheezza sticks cut to 1″ thickness and about 2″ in length. (pizza or mozzarella cheese)
2-3 Chopped Chicken salami slices or bacon strips (optional)
1/2 cup Bagels Chilli garlic butter (or make your own by mixing garlic, room temp butter and salt and chilli flakes)
2 tsp chopped spring onions
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Make diagonal cross slices in the bread being careful not to go right to the bottom as we need the base to hold the bread together.
- Apply butter generously in all the cross sections, ensuring all the slits are well coated.
- At each cross, insert a mozzarella stick and ensure that there is cheese at equal intervals.
- Put the chopped salami/bacon (optional) in the rest of the gaps.
- Wrap the bread in aluminium foil ensuring that the top can be opened at a later stage.
- Put it in the oven with bottom and top rod on and bake for 20 mins.
- Open the top foil and brush the bread with more butter and sprinkle spring onions.
- Put it back in the oven with top rod only for 5-10 minutes till u get a golden brown crust
- Serve hot.