When ur under a lockdown and u barely have any veggies or meat plus some left over noodles and rice, what do u do?
You whip up some jugaadu or cheats way to make some desi Indochinese. My version of the popular Schezwan triple fried rice with an omlette blanket to balance out the spice levels
1.5 cup cooked rice
1.5 cup cooked noodles
3/4 cup branded Schezwan chutney
2 tsp soya sauce
4-5 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/2 cup watery cornflour slurry
10 garlic flakes minced
2 spring onion whites sliced
2 spring onion greens sliced
1/2 cup sliced cabbage (you may also add more veggies but I didn’t have any)
- Heat just a few drops of oil in a Wok enough to grease it
- Add the onion and garlic and let it sweat. No need to brown just a bit translucent is good
- Add the cabbage and if u have any other veggies. Sprinkle salt.
- Toss it around till it’s cooked with some crunch left.
- Add the Schezwan and soya sauce and mix it.
- Add the cornflour slurry and mix well. Adjust seasoning.
- Add the rice and the noodles. Add the tomato ketchup. Mix well. Adjust water and seasoning. This needs to be a slightly wet dish.
- Add the spring onion greens, mix and shut the gas.
- Make the omlette by whisking the eggs with little salt.
- Heat a pan with some oil and put the egg mix. Cook on medium flame on both sides.
- Serve the dish hot with a covering of the omlette.