When u lay hands on such massive prawns, u have to attempt something new. I still struggle with Chinese cuisine, but am getting the hang of gravies. Quite happy with the outcome.
The Hakka noodles are made using Aziz’s recipe which he showcased in the Foodies Central live.
18-20 big sized prawns
12 minced garlic
1″ ginger grated
1 small onion quartered
2 tbsp chopped spring onion whites
4-5 dried Kashmiri chillies broken in 2
1.5 tbsp Kashmiri chilli paste
10-12 slit roasted cashews
1/4 cup cut spring onion greens
KUNG PAO SAUCE
2 tbsp soya sauce
1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp cornflour
1/2 cup water (appx)
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp white pepper powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under Kung pao sauce in a bowl.
- Heat a wok add 2 tbsp cooking oil, let it become very hot.
- Lower the flame add the garlic and grated ginger.
- Mix well add the onion and spring onion whites along with dried chillies(broken in to 2).
- When the onions turn translucent and the chillies give out an aroma add the red chilli paste, prawns and cashews and mix well. Add little salt to the prawns. Don’t add too much as the sauces constain salt.
- When the prawns are nearly cooked add the sauce and mix well.
- Raise flame to medium and let the sauce thicken and coat the prawns. By now the prawns should be cooked. Check and adjust seasoning
- Add the spring onion greens and mix well. Serve hot.
HAKKA NOODLES by Aziz
1 pkt noodles 120 gms
4-5 flakes finely chopped garlic
1/4 tsp finely chopped ginger
Finely sliced Capsicum,Carrot,Cabbage and Onions(1/2 cup in total)
1tbsp chopped spring onion greens
1tsp Soya sauce 1/2 tsp Green chilli sauce
1/2 tsp or more red chilli sauce to make it spicy
1/8 tsp Vinegar
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp White pepper
- In a vessel add 500 ml water salt and a little oil. Let the water come to a boil. Now add noodles and cook until done. Strain and keep aside
- In a hot wok add oil, then add garlic and ginger and sauté for a while
- Add veggies one by one according to their cooking time. Add salt
- Sauté until done and then add all the sauces and mix well
- Add spring onion greens
- Add the boiled noodles (Incase your noodles get sticky, just run it under cold water and voila they are good to go)
- Mix well. Garnish with spring onion greens