Quite an interesting and different sauce in which I cooked rawas fish. I served it alongside Penne in garlic cream sauce. The penne recipe is posted in a different post.
Fish in pine nut sauce
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
1/4 cup bread crumbs
Pinch of saffron threads, warmed and crushed
1 1/2 cups peeled, and chopped tomatoes
1 cup dry white wine
Salt, pepper and red chilli flakes
8 pieces Rawas
1/4 cup chopped coriander
1) make a powder of the toasted pine nuts.
2) In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the paprika, garlic, ground pine nuts, bread crumbs, and crushed saffron, and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
3) Add the tomatoes and wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm over low heat.
4) In a large frying pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
5) Sprinkle the fish with salt and red chilli flakes, add to the pan, and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side.
6) Pour the sauce over the fish, and simmer until the fish is opaque throughout, about 5 minutes longer.
7) Transfer to a serving dish or individual dishes, and garnish with coriander. Serve at once.
Recipe – Joyce Golstein