Is it only restricted to blood and marriage or does it also define a relationship that encircles strangers who come together as Friends to share and learn and help and appreciate.
I consider the Chef At Large group as family where u see familiar faces popping in to say hi or new ones who inspire u to try something or the stars who just stun u with their creativity. Let’s share a family style meal of Rice noodles with chicken and vegetables in a black bean sauce.
1/2 pkt Rice noodles
1/4 kg boneless chicken
1 small head of broccoli broken into florets
5 babycorn cut to 1″ pc
1 pkt quartered button mushrooms
10-12 minced garlic flakes
2-3 slices spring onions
1-2 tsp soya sauce
3-4 tbsp black bean sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1-2 tbsp red chilli sauce
1 tbsp cornflour mixed with water
- Cook the noodles as per packet instruction. (I soaked them in hot water for about 20 mins). Check when Al dente and remove from water. Remember it will cook more in the sauces so don’t let it get too soft initially.
- Heat oil in a wok, fry the garlic and when it sizzles add the chicken and little salt. Cook till 70% done, add the babycorn. Cook for another 5 mins. Add the mushroom and spring onion whites. Stir on high heat. When mushrooms are nearly cooked add the broccoli and cook for 2 mins. (Remember all the meat and veggies have to be added one after another depending on their cooking time-this will ensure a crunch to the veggies)
- Add the sauces and mix well. Add the cornflour paste and adjust seasoning now. (Don’t add salt before as the sauces have salt so taste and adjust at the end)
- Add the noodles and mix well. Cook till noodles are at the preferred texture
- Garnish with chopped spring onion greens and crispy garlic.