It’s a lazy lazy Sunday. The skies have opened up and it’s that kind of day where u want some comfort food without too much effort.
A friend had dropped in for dinner and since I was making lasagna asked her to get some bread to go with it. But we never landed eating it as the lasagna was quite filling. The idea of a cheesy pull apart bread popped in my head and I decided to keep the bread in the fridge for a rainy day.
If there’s rain and bread to go with it then there should be some piping hot soup. Strangely I never posted my spinach soup on the blog and I decided to make it along with the pull apart.
Isn’t this an awesome Sunday meal. 😋
1 big bundle chopped spinach
1 chopped onion
6-8 chopped garlic
2 cups water
1 cup milk
1 tsp jeera powder
(Optional – 2 Maggi veg/chicken cubes. Amazing flavour. But avoid this when someone is unwell)
- Heat 1 tsp oil, add the peppercorns and bay leaf.
- When it sizzles, add the onions and garlic.
- Let the onions turn pink, add the spinach. Cover and cook. Shut the gas when cooked
- Throw away the bay leaf and bit zit in the mixer
- Heat the 2 cups water, add jeera powder (if using Maggi cubes, add them now)
- Add the puréed spinach and adjust seasoning. Let it boil for a few minutes.
- Lower the gas and add the milk. Bring it to a boil and shut the gas.