Recently i made pavs for an order and had some left over dough. Made cheese filled garlic bread for dinner from it . Another awesome dinner, loved especially by the kids
It’s Sumod Toms half wheat half maida eggless pav recipe. I have cut his recipe by half here as it makes 5 garlic breads. You can see the full recipe here – https://sumodtomzcuisines.com/recipe/eggless-ladi-pav-2/
All purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Lukewarm water – 75 gms
Milk – 80 grams (to which half lemons juice added and set aside for 15 minutes)
Sugar – 1 tablespoon
Instant yeast 1 1/4 teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Butter – 2 tablespoon
Milk Powder – 17 grams
200 gms pizza cheese – divide into 5 parts
Garlic butter – 1/4 cup melted butter, 10-15 minced garlic, coriander, chilli flakes
Mixed dried herbs – oregano, basil, parsley, chilli flakes
- Take ¼ cup lukewarm water, add 1 tsp sugar and the instant yeast mix well and set aside to rise.
- Mix the flour, milk powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- In another large bowl mix all the wet ingredients, (except butter). Add the risen yeast mix to this.
- Start adding the flour mix, a cup at a time, mixing well with a silicon or plastic scraper (if you do not have a scraper, mix with hand), till you get very wet dough, which starts pulling off from the side of the bowl.
- Add butter to the mix and keep kneading.
- Transfer this to a lightly floured work table, knead gently for 10 minutes (stretch and pull), adding little flour at a time (if required only), till you get a very loose, but not sticky dough. (The dough may seem very sticky, but after the above kneading, it will automatically form smooth dough, do not add excess flour, and do not knead hard)
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl. Grease the dough also. Cover it, with a wet cloth and let it rise at room temperature (preferably warm place) until it’s doubled in size. Close ro 1 hour but keep an eye.
- Gently deflate the dough, take 80-85 grams of dough, and roll into round roti shape.
- Brush it with the garlic butter.
- Divide the cheese into 5 parts, put one portion on one half the round dough.
- Top with dried herbs.
- Fold the roti on top to form a semi circle. Dab the edges with water and press hard to seal the fold.
- Brush with garlic butter and sprinkle more dried herbs.
- Make small slits length wise . Dont cut too deep. Just indentation
- Place on a silipat and cover with a dry towel.
- Set aside for final proofing. May take 30 mins to fluff up.
- 15 minutes before the bake, pre heat the oven to 180 C. Just before baking, brush the loaf with little milk.
- Bake in a preheated oven, for 16 minutes, on the middle rack with fan.
- Remove them from the oven and cut into strips. Serve hot.