My daughters school has a Diwali party today and she wanted to me to make something to share with her friends.
It slipped my mind till late last night and then I panicked. God, am late. She is gonna be mad if I don’t make something.
The easiest recipe came to mind. So made a chocolate walnut fudge with dried strawberries in it. Super fast and sure to impress.
500 gms dark chocolate,
chopped 1 can Milkmaid (sweetened condensed milk)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup chopped dried strawberries
- Line a baking pan with baking paper and set it aside.
- Heat water in a steel bowl, when it bubbles put another bowl with the chopped chocolate on top of it. This is called the double boiler method. Do not overheat the chocolate.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Remove from the heat and immediately mix in the walnuts and strawberries.
- Pour into the prepared pan and then refrigerate until firm (at least 2 hours to overnight).
- Cut into squares and serve.