We keep Ganpati at our home every year and it’s such a pleasure to make prasad for Ganpa. But sometimes I am in fix on what to make as I don’t make Indian sweets much.
Then I remembered these bars that I made during the DDL (Dulce De Leche) craze. Sweet, salty, crunchy, Delicious.
Showcasing my lovely birthday gifts from my darling friends who actually look like twins but have never met each other. Gina and Alicia. I love the beautiful crockery
Hope Ganpa loves these yummy baked bites, I know we all did 😄
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups Quaker oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 can dulce de leche
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Heat oven to 200 degrees C.
- In large bowl, mix flour, oats, brown sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter and mix until mixture is crumbly. Press 1/2 of mixture in greased pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler, heat dulce de leche, stirring frequently, until slightly softened.
- Spread dulce de leche over partially baked crust. Sprinkle evenly with chopped hazelnuts and remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around sides of pan to loosen it. Set in the fridge and cool completely.
- Cut into bars.