I recently was gifted a box of strawberries from a very dear friend. A while back I had shortlisted some strawberry recipes on Pinterest, and these bars were very tempting.
Used the recipe as inspiration and gave it my own twist with the ingredients at hand. Have used this recipe before to make Oats Hazelnut Dulce De Leche bars.
Crunchy chewy, sweet and salty. Lovely flavours.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups Quaker oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sliced almonds
Directions for assembly
1) heat oven to 200 degrees C.
2) In large bowl, mix flour, oats, brown sugar and salt.
3) cut in butter and mix until mixture is crumbly. Press 1/2 of mixture in greased pan. Bake 10 minutes.
4) spread strawberry filling over partially baked crust. Sprinkle evenly with sliced almonds and remaining crumb mixture.
6) Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
7) run a knife around sides of pan to loosen it. Set in the fridge and cool completely.
8) cut into bars.