Its my daughter’s birthday and I wanted to make some eggless desserts for her to distribute in school. Had already decided on an eggless chocolate cupcake and then wanted to make one more. Nutella is everyones favourite and knew for sure that i wanted to use that as one of the ingredients.
I had bought Pooja Dhingra’s The Big book of Treats a while back but had never attempted to bake anything from it. Recently I got to taste her renowned sea salt macaroons and cupcakes, they sure lived up to their reputation. So picked up her book and drooled over each post, finally zeroed in on the Nutella squares.
It turned out quite well, and was quite excited to see Pooja retweet my Nutella post.
75 gms dark chocolate
125 gms butter
50 gms brown sugar
100 gms all purpose flour
75 gms oats
400 gms Nutella
100 gms chopped roasted hazelnuts
1) Melt chopped chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
2) Add the brown sugar and whisk till completely combined properly.
3) Fold in the flour with a spatula and then add oats and mix.
4) Preheat the oven to 180C and line a tin with parchment paper.
5) Bake for 15-20 mins
6) Once cool, spread the Nutella evenly on top and garnish with the chopped roasted hazelnuts.