I was never a coffee lover till I got pregnant with my son. Suddenly had major coffee cravings even though its not recommended during pregnancy. We used to live in Hyderabad then and I used to go to Rainbow Hospital for my check ups. Bang opposite there was this some deli cum mart (don’t remember the name) that made the most amazing cappuccinos. I would finish my check up and go have a coffee quietly. I can see the after effects in my hyper active son now.
I blend coffee with milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate, as its the perfect way to cut the bitterness with the sweet. Add some roasted almonds for the crunch and such an easy dessert to serve.
400 gms Morde pure milk chocolate
133 gms Amul fresh cream
2 tsp coffee powder
1 cup Rich whipped cream (after whipping)
- Preheat an oven at 180 degrees, roast the almonds till it releases fragrance and colours to a light golden.
- Whip the Rich cream to stiff peaks and keep in the fridge
- Melt milk chocolate either in a microwave or double boiler.
- Warm Amul cream, add the coffee powder and mix well.
- Add this mix to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Let it set at room temperature.
- When cool, fold in the whipped cream well.
- Now u have a choice of mixing the almonds in this mousse or place at the bottom or as a garnish.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hrs before u serve.
note – if u have a preference for bitterness then make it with pure Morde dark chocolate – 400gms chocolate to 160 gms cream, Other process remains the same.