My sister has been asking for a lemon cake since a long time. I did make her one but it wasn’t as tangy to her likeness. Today I decided to try a new recipe just for her.
This lemon cake is truly bliss. Moist, tangy and delicious. The glaze just adds a sticky yummy tang to it. I missed putting the glaze for her load but did drizzle some generously on these mini bundts. A recipe worth saving.
Lemon Bliss in mini bundts, drizzled with a glaze and sprinkled with some rose petals and pistachios
Recipe adapted from King Arthur’s Flour
114 gms butter
195 gms powdered sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder
180 gms all purpose flour
110 GM’s room temperature milk
1 tbsp lemon zest (adjust as per taste)
Juice of 1.5 lemons (adjust as per taste)
Pinch of salt
Juice of 1 lemon
75 gms sieved icing sugar
Handful of Chopped pistachios, lemon zest and dried rose petals
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder and mix it well.
- Cream room temperature butter and sugar till it’s fluffy and increases in volume.
- Add the eggs one by one, ensuring you whisk in between. Add salt and mix.
- Now mix using a spatula – flour – milk – flour- milk – flour, adding in intervals. Avoid using a handwhisk. Just cut and fold with a spatula.
- Add zest and lemon juice and adjust as per taste.
- Pour in a regular size mini bundt pan – makes about 11-12 bundts appx 60gms each.
- Bake at 180 in a pre heated oven for 25- 30 mins or till the skewer comes clean.
- To make the glaze, sieve icing sugar and mix it with lemon juice to make a thick fluid paste.
- Once the cake is baked, remove the tray and let it cool till the cakes are lukewarm to touch
- Un mould it and drizzle the glaze on the warm cakes.
- Sprinkle with some dried rose petals, chopped pistachios and lemon zest.