My favourite cooking show is Masterchef Australia. I don’t really like the other country versions that are on air. They seem TRP focused, while the Australia one is warm, delicious and u connect with the judges as well as participants.
The episode where Nigella and Matt wake up the participants for a midnight snack was superb. Harry made these Brookies and I just wanted to jump into the TV and share a midnight snack with him. Both the Brookies and Harry looked scrumptious. This is my layout for a midnight snack with Harry 😋
Finally made these and they are to die for. Made 2 lots. One bigger and with less cooking time, they were chewy like a brownie and then these ones with the mentioned cooking time which were crunchy. Both though were simply delicious.
Recipe from http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/masterchef/recipes/dark-chocolate-brookies (with a few inputs & changes)
350 gms pure dark chocolate (i used 50% Van Houten)
45 gms Amul Butter
210 gms Caster Sugar
80 gms Cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Nescafe powder
ChocoChips for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place chocolate and butter in a bowl and microwave for a minute. Stir to melt and combine. If not completely melted then microwave at 10 seconds interval. Remove and set aside to cool until needed.
- Sieve the cornflour, sugar, coffee powder and baking powder and mix it well.
- Add the eggs, Vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add cooled chocolate butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Let it rest for 15-20 mins.
- The mixture is wet, so fill it in a piping bag and pipe it on a silicon mat or baking paper.
- Dot the top of the cookies with the dark chocolate chips, pressing gently into the dough. Bake for 10-11 minutes in the preheated oven. Shut the oven and leave it in for 3-4 mins. Then remove from oven and set aside to cool.
(Cooking for a minute less or more will change the texture of the brookies. Lesser will make it soft and chewy like a brownie and longer will give u a crunch. Both taste yum This batch will give a huge amount of brookies so experiment with both textures)