I love my desserts and usually they are sinful with an addition of eggs. Was looking at some alternative ingredients to bake a cupcake. Browsing through the various talented bloggers in India, I found an interesting recipe by Priya Shiva. Eggless and wholewheat – not my preference but thought let me try atleast. Can give hubby an excuse that it’s healthy and still gorge on cake.
Presenting Wholewheat eggless orange cupcakes with Choco chips and topped with Nutella (yeah leave it me to make a healthy recipe overindulgent).
Whole wheat flour – 1 & 1/2 cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Unsalted butter – 1/3 cup
Milk powder – 3/4 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Fresh orange juice with pulp (remove seeds) – 1 cup
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 & 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
3) Add sugar, butter in a bowl and mix it well until sugar completely dissolves. Add milk and blend it well.
4) Now add all wheat flour, milk powder slowly to the mix and blend it well. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter. Add baking powder, baking soda, vanilla essence, salt and mix it well.
5) Now add orange juice and blend it well. (I added chocochips now)
6) Preheat oven at 180 degree C.
7) Grease the cupcake cups with some oil evenly and add the batter to it. Fill each cup till 2/3 cup.
8) Bake at same temperature for 20 minutes. Check after 20 minutes by inserting a toothpick at the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then your cake is done or else continue baking for 5 more minutes and keep a watch on it. (top with Nutella at serving time)
1) Juice oranges just before making cupcakes as fresh juices tend to get bitter if you keep them for a long time.
2) You can also add nuts and raisins to make this cupcake more healthy.
3) You can also add orange zest in place of vanilla essence.
Here is Priyas link http://priyakitchenette.blogspot.in/2013/12/eggless-whole-wheat-orange-cupcake.html?m=1