There are so many recipes out there. Some look perfect but when attempted are a dismal failure.
Now I love coffee cakes and have made a few but all egg based. So when I get an order for an eggless coffee walnut cake for this weekend I readily said yes and then sat in a tizzy wondering what recipe should I try.
Most people shy away from eggless, yes that used to be me at a point but when u have a dear friend who asks “eggless hai kya” plus live in an area that prefers eggless, the need of the hour is a good eggless recipe.
To my luck a fantabulous baker Priyanka Arora Nayak (urf Baker Rani) from Polka Dots Cake Academy posted this recipe and I didn’t wait a day before eagerly attempting a trial batch. It was so yum that I saved some just to photograph it. All the other pieces were gobbled up.
140 gms All purpose flour
30 gms Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
150 ml yoghurt
165 gms castor sugar
1/2 cup oil
3 tsp coffee powder mixed with 1 tbsp. hot water
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp salt
On the side whipped cream and a rum cinnamon sauce (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 160C and line a 7″ tin.
- Combine coffee and hot water
- Sieve the dry ingredients – APF, Cocoa, BP, BS and salt.
- Beat yoghurt and sugar till well blended.
- Add coffee mix and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add oil very gradually, while beating continuously.
- Mix dry ingredient mixture in 3 instalments and gently mix the batter. Avoid over mixing it.
- Add milk and mix gently. Pour into the greased tin. Tap 2-3 times to remove the air bubbles.
- Bake at 160C for 45-50 mins or until a skewer comes clean.
Recipe courtesy – Polka Dots Cake Academy