Birthday are never a one day affair anymore with my kids. They usually celebrate for 3-4 days and it’s the poor mom who is running around like a headless chicken.
It’s my daughters birthday on the 14th and since its a weekend, she wanted to celebrate it in school today. She absolutely insisted that she wanted me to bake. Hmm 24 kids plus teachers plus eggless. That’s a tall order for a novice baker.
I wanted her to jump with glee and excitement when she saw the final product. So picked up some interesting recipes that I know all the kids would love. The first one is the chocolate cupcakes and the second is the Nutella squares (which I will post separately.)
Ingredients for cupcakes
All purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
Castor Sugar – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – ⅓ cup
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Water – 1 cup
Oil – ½ cup
Pure Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
Apple cider Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
1) Preheat oven to 175 degrees..
2) Line a medium size 24 cupcake tray with liners.
3) Mix all dry ingredients (All purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt) in a bowl. Pass them through a sieve first
4) In another bowl mix all wet ingredients (water, oil, vanilla extract and vinegar). Add wet mixture to flour mixture.
5) And mix till it well blended together. Do not over mix.
6) Fill each cup about two-third full with batter.
7) Bake in pre-heated oven for about 17-20 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center of cupcake will come out clean.
8) Remove it from oven and after 5 minutes remove cupcakes on wire rack and let them cool completely before frosting. If cupcake is not cool enough then icing will melt down.
(Recipe courtesy spiceupthecurry with slight modifications)
White chocolate ganache
300 gms white chocolate
1/2 pkt amul cream
1) Chop or grate the chocolate.
2) Boil cream and add it to the chocolate. Mix once and leave for 2-3 mins.
3) Whip and blend the ganache. Keep in the fridge for 30 mins to set before frosting the cupcakes.
Use sprinkles and other decorations to make your cupcake look prettier.