This is my first post after moving to a new city. Its been a while since I updated the blog and I kept saving this recipe for this very purpose.
This recipe featured on Chef Vinesh’s instagram a while ago during lockdown. It was part of the recipe exchange with Chef Pooja Dhingra. When these 2 masters are at work, there is no denying that the end product will be fabulous.
I always had a go to recipe for eggless chocochip cookies but wanted to try something different. I did a trial run for a friend’s daughters bday and loved the taste, texture and look. Then I made it again as a farewell gift to some friends visiting from Mumbai. Saved some for myself and now am sharing it with you. Hope u like them as much as we do.
Makes 17 – 18 (30gms each. Big size)
Oats 50 GM’s
Brown sugar 100gms
Castor sugar 80gms
Baking soda 5gms
Boiling water 30ml
Vanilla 5 ml
2. Sieve the flour and add it along with the oats to the butter mix.
3. Add the baking soda to the boiling water, mix well and add to the dough.
4. Mix well and add chocochips again mix.
5. Rest in the fridge for 1 hr.
6. Pre heat oven to 160 C
7. Measure 30 gm balls and place at good intervals as the cookie will spread quite a bit.
8. Bake at 160 for 10 mins or till base is brown. Rest well as they are still soft. Lift only when cooled.