Is it tea time? Oh yes it is. And what’s perfect with tea, did u say cake? U got that right. A moist fragrant Coconut cake blended with pistachios and dried rose petals
The use of freshly grated coconut gave it a wonderful barfi like texture and the rose petals a fragrant aroma.This is one cake that needs be made over and over again. It’s that good.
1 and 1/4 cup Butter – at room temperature
1 cup Sugar
4 Large Eggs – at room temperature
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Rose Water
1 1/2 cups Flour
3/4 cup powder of Pistachio and dried rose petals 2:1 ratio
1 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
1 cup Yogurt
1 cup freshly grated Coconut
1) Preheat oven to 180 degree C..
2) Grease with butter a 9 inch round baking pan with removable bottom. 3) Fit a piece of round parchment paper on bottom of the pan and grease again and dust the whole pan with flour.
4) In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until becomes nice and creamy. Add the eggs one by one and continue to beat on medium high. Add vanilla extract and rose water.
5) Add the yogurt and continue to beat on low until well combined.
6) In a medium bowl sift in the flour with the baking powder and salt.
7) Stir in the ground pistachio & rose powder and slowly add to the sugar mixture.
8) With a spatula stir in the coconut.
9) Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clean. Set aside to cool.