I like making something elaborate, something that requires planning and a meticulous prep. The pleasure that the final product gives me is utter bliss.
And then sometimes I like to keep it simple. What can I say I am a bundle of contradictions. This recipe is from Pooja Dhingra’s Big book of treats. I like the book for its easy to do recipes and simplicity.
These cookies are so crisp and buttery, they just melt in your mouth. Its without eggs too making it more universal. U can dress it up as per your pretence. I have just dipped them in chocolate and smothered with thousands and ones.
200 gms Amul butter
125gms castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
100gms Morde dark compound
sprinkles of your choice
- Whisk together butter, sugar and vanilla essence till its soft and fluffy.
- Sift the flour separately and fold it in. Use a spatula and not a whisk.
- Cling wrap the dough and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 165C and place silicon mats on the grill.
- Make small balls and place them at a distance from each other on the mat.
- Bake for 13-14 mins or till edge starts browning.
- Leave in the oven for 5 minuters then take them out on a rack to cool.
- Heat chocolate for about 1 and half minute in microwave or till melted.
- Dip the cooled cookies in the chocolate and cover with sprinkles of your choice.
- Place them on baking paper to set.