We all have those days where you are bored making the same old food. Kids crib too and imagine my kids who get so much more variety than their peers. I guess I give them too many options. Well lucky them, their mom keeps experimenting. 😛
Had some paneer in the fridge and was wondering what new recipe I can try, then remembered a delicious looking dish made by a fellow foodie Fatema Talwala. When I read the recipe, the process was quite different and the twist to make the gravy richer was super interesting. Thanks Fatema for the generous share. Another recipe that will be treasured
500 gms paneer – cubed
3-4 tablespoon hung curd
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp Red chilly powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp paneer Tikka masala powder
1 diced onion
1 diced capsicum
- Mix all the ingredients and marinate the paneer, onion and capsicum in it. Keep aside for an hour. Then grill in preheated oven at 180° for 15 minutes…
1 chopped onion
1 tbsp cashew
1 tsp cumin
4-5 chopped garlic
3 dry red chilli
1 tbsp coriander leaves
2 tbsp soaked fox nuts (makhana)
Puree of 4 to 5 blanched tomatoes
1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
2 tsp paneer tikka masala
1 tbsp crushed kasoori methi (dried fenugreek)
1 tbsp fresh cream
Chopped coriander leaves
- In a pan, heat a little oil, roast the onion, cashew, cumin seeds, garlic cloves, red chillies.
- Once it cools down, grind it to a paste with the coriander leaves and soaked fox nuts.
- Now In a heavy bottom pan, take butter/ oil, add the onion paste and sauté on slow flame till it turns light brown
- Add the tomato puree, salt, chilli powder, paneer tikka masala and cook on slow flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add kasoori methi, paneer and 1 tablespoon beaten fresh cream.
- Cover and cook on slow flame for 5 minutes..
- Garnish with Corriander leaves and serve hot..!!