Self isolation makes you come up with new dishes you haven’t tried before.
With no option to order but yet to ensure that your kids are not bored with what’s on the table, I am back to trying different dishes. Blessed to have the net still working and such amazing blogs to help u out with recipes when u want a twist
I decided to think of a dish and then googled then went through a multitude of recipes to liking a trying one. This one is by www.spiceupthecurry.com and this Paneer Lababdar turned out pretty good.
400 gms paneer
2 tbsp cashew soaked in hot water
2 big tomatoes pureed
1 black cardamom
2 green cardamoms
Half inch cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
2 small onions chopped fine
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 slit green chillies
2 TSP red chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 cup water
1/2 TSP garam masala
1/2 TSP sugar optional
1.5 TSP kasuri methi
1 tbsp butter
Chopped coriander leaves
- Grind the soak cashews to a paste. Keep aside
- Puree the tomatoes
- Heat oil, add the whole spices, Sautee for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sprinkle little salt. Cook till translucent and pink.
- Add the GG paste and cook well.
- Now add the puree and chillies and mix well. Cover and cook till tomatoes leave oil.
- Add the chilli powder and coriander powder, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the cashew paste and mix well. Add water as per the consistency desired. Let it simmer for 5 mins. U may add sugar if u wish.
- Add garam masala and crushed kasuri methi, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Now add the paneer cubes and mix it well.
- Adjust seasoning and water levels depending on the consistency required.
- Top with butter and some coriander leaves, shut gas.